The information you provide below will be forwarded to individual fraternities to inform them you are
interested in learning more about their organizations and their recruitment events.
The Interfraternity Council will also communicate with you special events they are hosting.
I understand that by physically clicking on the Submit button on this page I am granting
permission to the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Affairs at Austin Peay State University
to release the information contained herein to the relevant chapter officials of the IFC member
chapters for recruitment purposes only. This action, though, does not require me to join a
fraternity, nor does it obligate any fraternity to offer me membership. Should I join a fraternity,
I also hereby grant permission to the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Affairs to release my
semester and cumulative grades to the relevant chapter officials of the fraternity I join for as
long as I am an active member.
To assure your understanding of important policies affecting the recruitment process and new
member education programs, you are requested to read and agree to the following statement.
I understand that:
I agree to the statements listed above
- All participants must be enrolled in at least 12 credit hours for the Fall 2016 semester in order to be
eligible for recruitment.
- I agree that the Office of Fraternity & Sorority Affairs may verify my cumulative
GPA from my high school and/or college I have attended and that this information will be released to the
- Alcohol and illegal drugs are prohibited from use during Recruitment. The Interfraternity Council will dismiss
from recruitment anyone found in violation and will refer all violations to the Dean of Students.
- If I receive a bid and join an IFC fraternity I understand I am required to attend the New Member Program in Fall 2016.
- Austin Peay State University and the Interfraternity Council are not responsible for the loss, theft of, or damage to personal property of the students.
- I am encouraged to attend the maximum number of functions that I can each day of recruitment in order to maximize my chances of receiving an invitation for membership.
- I agree to notify the Office Fraternity & Sorority Affairs in writing if I choose to withdraw myself from recruitment.
- I reserve the right to not join a fraternity if, in the end of the recruitment period, that seems best to me.
- I understand that participation in recruitment is not a guarantee that I will receive a bid to join an Interfraternity Council fraternity.
I authorize Austin Peay State University and/or IFC to use my name and likeness in promotional materials. I also allow my name and likeness
to be associated with the Greek community. I understand that I will not receive payment or any other compensation in connection with the use of the materials.
- If I choose to join a fraternity, I waive my rights granted to me by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 and permit APSU to release
academic information about me to this sorority/fraternity, advisors associated with the chapter and inter/national headquarters. I understand that this waiver will be in effect until I notify the Office of Fraternity & Sorority Affairs, in writing, that I no longer wish to allow such information to be released. I have read and understand that above regulations and agree to abide by these rules throughout my participation in Interfraternity Council recruitment. Infractions or violations of these regulations could result in termination of membership recruitment privileges.